Thursday 31 January 2013

Day two - The spleen machine.

So I woke up in more pain.

Still I didn't want to go to the hospital,
I hate hospitals, it's where people go to die. In my experience anyways.

I only like watching them through the telly box on greys anatomy or privet practice in the comfort of my own sofa!

But DB dragged me to the car...

"Just in case..."


So off we went to the nearest hospital where the receptionist thought DB was abusing me and sat amongst the injured whilst waiting to see the doc.

I saw one and he sent me to x-ray.

Greeeeaaaat!

Whilst in the waiting room we saw this huge room with a huge X-ray machine in there, looming loomingly (*DB) and staring at me saying...

"You're going to die !!!! Mwahaha!"

It didn't help when DB started jokeing about it being a spleen machine, it was funny though...

Until I had to go into that very room and they told me to lie down on the bed!!

I practically shouted "what?!?" At him and said that it was only my hand!! Dumb nurse!

Didn't even know what needed to be X-rayed!

Anyway after having the spleen machine took pics of my hand we had yet another wait in the waiting room.

The doctor called me in and i think even he didn't think I had broken it as he said..
"Oh yes you have broken it see?!"

I did see and there was a small line going diagonally across the bone connecting the little finger!

Then I went to the fracture clinic and they gave me a temporary cast right up to my elbow! And told to come back tomorrow morning!

I went into the waiting room where DB was waiting patiently for me and declared..
"Yeb it's broken!"


So then DB had to go to work so I came with him so that I could get my iPhone! Which took a while and with the help of little Asian I went away with a lovely iPhone 5!

So I went shopping, retail therapy. But that proved difficult as it took me so long to get my card out of my wallet and it annoyed me even more!! And people kept looking at me as if I had three eyes or something. It's not nice, I kinda know how disabled people feel like being stared at for something you can't help.

But then after DB finished work we went to get our 40 inch tv and monthly food shop, which was less stressful than we thought it was going to be.

My hand was really hurting in the night so I couldn't sleep :(

No comments:

Post a Comment